Thursday, September 23, 2010

Designing for myself

One of the hardest things for a designer is to find the right elements for ones own home. I have been on the search for a long time for the perfect light fixture to hang in the dining room. I can design my clients spaces within 2 weeks. But for my own place, picky as ever. Its as if the angels haven't manufactured what i see in my head yet. 9 months later, I found the lucky one this week. To boot I have to consider the man I live with as well. He had one rule for me for this place, design it so he can live in it too. And so we put this home together so he can walk around without a flowery background or crystals twinkling from the light chandeliers, nor a pink hue shining off his face. This oversize hanging light fits the puzzle. It's huge and makes a powerful statement and it even jives with the sconces i wanted to get rid of initially.
Shake advice: be patient, take your time. Just because you have guests coming for a dinner, you don't have to hurry to get something 1/2 as nice just so they can see their food. We have people coming for a dinner party in 10 days...the light won't arrive until end of October. They will have to simply eat in the dark ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...